MFPA Latest news
- FIFPro Online Academy looking for new students Thursday, February 12th, 2015 FIFPro Online Academy looking for new students
- MFPA joins the EU / UEFA taskforce members deal with the minimum requirements for contracts Sunday, January 25th, 2015 MFPA joins the EU / UEFA taskforce members deal with the minimum requirements for contracts of professional players
- Players want Maltese transfer system to be abolished Monday, January 5th, 2015 Players want Maltese transfer system to be abolished
The Malta Football Players Association serves as the exclusive collective bargaining representative for all current players affiliated with the Malta Football Association. Formed in March 2011, the Association ensures protection of the rights of all football players playing in Malta while also promoting their best interests. MFPA is locally affiliated with the Kunsill Malti ghall-iSport, recognised by the Malta Football Association and also registered with the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations. Internationally MFPA has currently a candidate member status within FIFPro which is the worldwide representative organization for professional football players.
The following members form the current executive committee.
- Dr. Anthony Galea (President)
- Mr. Carlo Mamo (General Secretary)
- Mr. Konrad Sultana (Deputy Secretary)
- Mr. Mark Barbara (Deputy Secretary)
- Mr. Gareth Sciberras (Treasurer)
- Mr. Brian Said (Executive Member)
- Dr. Malcolm Licari (Executive Member)
- Standard Contract For Professional Players Part-Time Link above provides a standard contract for PART-TIME professional players Date posted - 25th June 2012 Standard Contract For Professional Players Full-Time Link above provides a standard contract for FULL-TIME professional players Date posted - 25th June 2012
- MFA Statute Link above provides MFA Statute Date posted - 7th July 2012 FIFA Statute 2011 Link above provides the 2011 FIFA Statute Date posted - 1st February 2012
- WADA Prohibited List 2013 Link above provides the 2013 prohibited list international standard Date posted - 13th April 2013
RegulationsNational Dispute Resolution Chamber Standard Regulations Link above provides National Dispute Resolution Chamber Standard Regulations Date posted - 1st February 2012 Circular 1010 Principles of constitution of NDRC Link above provides the Circular 1010 Principles of constitution of NDRC Date posted - 1st February 2012 FIFA Player Contract Minimum Requirements Link above provides FIFA Player Contract Minimum Requirements Date posted - 1st February 2012 FIFA Regulations On The Status And Transfer Of Players Link above provides FIFA Regulations On The Status And Transfer Of Players Date posted - 1st February 2012 Article 81 Of The European Commission Treaty Link above provides Article 81 Of The European Commission Treaty Date posted - 1st February 2012 Section IV Players Registered With Member Clubs Link above provides SectionIV - Players Registered With Member Clubs Date posted - 25th March 2011
- John Buttigieg and CarmelBusuttil Employment Case Link above provides the letter sent by Dr. Ian Spiteri Bailey regarding an employment dispute between MFA and John Buttigieg together with Carmel Busuttil Date posted - 10th February 2012
- Doping - Dr. David Attard Link above provides the presentation delivered by Dr. David Attard regarding doping Date posted - 13th April 2013
- Medical Insurance - Mr. Tonio Borg - Mediterranean Insurance Brokers Link above provides the presentation delivered by Mr. Tonio Borg regarding the medical sports insurance offered to players Date posted - 13th April 2013
- Sports Management Degree Link above provides the presentation delivered by Mr. Matthew Paris regarding the BA in Sports Management Degree offered to players Date posted - 13th April 2013
- Sports Integrity Link above provides the presentation delivered by Mr. Franz Tabone regarding Sports Integrity Date posted - 13th April 2013
MFPA Seminar April 2013
* The above contracts are only templates and should be modified accordingly to your needs. These should be used only as a guideline and additional clauses may be added or removed from time to time or as per your requirements.
- Medical Insurance Claim Form Link above provides a claim form Date posted - 25th June 2012 Claims guide summmary Link above provides a claims guide summmary Date posted - 25th July 2012
- Medical Insurance Table of Benefits Link above provides the Medical Insurance Table of Benefits Date posted - 15th August 2012 MFPA membership Form Link above provides the MFPA membership form in case player is not already a member Date posted - 27th June 2012
- Medical Insurance Membership Form Link above provides the Medical Insurance Membership Form Date posted - 15th August 2012
Important insurance points
- Only MFPA members can purchase the medical insurance
- If you are not an MFPA member you will be required to fill in an MFPA form at MIB premises or else contact MFPA on email@example.com. MFPA membership fee for season year 2012 and 2013 is free.
- Physiotherapy is covered only post surgery
- Insurance covers only football related injuries sustained during official competitions, training and friendly matches.
- Treatment abroad is covered for up to 5000 euros.
- Direct settlement can be done when surgery is undergone in the following hospitals - St. James Hospitals, Da Vinci Hospital, St. Anne's Clinic, St. Marks Clinic.
- You are required to provide receipts when treatment is done abroad and it is important that treatment is pre-authorised by Citadel Health. Due payment will be made by Citadel within 6 working days More information will be added later.
You may contact the Malta Football Players Association by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or else fill in the form below. Make sure to check the FAQs as these are updated from time to time.
To join the Malta Football Players Association please fill in the form below.
Frequently Asked Qustions
- What is a football players association? It is a properly constituted and democratically elected organisation set up to represent the interests of it's members - the football players.
- What is the membership cost? There is no membership fee for amateur players i.e. players who do not receive any money from their respective club. Amateur players need only to fill in the form in the join us section and mark their status as amateur. The membership cost for full-time and part-time professionals for season 2012/2013 is also free.
- Who can join the Malta Football Players Association? All players who form part of the Malta Football Association can join the MFPA.
- What services am I entitled for if I join the Malta Football Players Association? The Malta Football Players Association together with Mediterranean Insurance Brokers has created a customized health insurance for footballers which will be offered to clubs and players at the beginning of season 20012/2013. In addition the following issues will be addressed:
- at the end of his/her contract the player should have the right to leave the club without any transfer fee
- removal of remuneration maximum amount a player can receive per month
- injury cover (medical insurance)
- late payments
- a collective bargaining agreement between MFPA and MFA
- the signing of a collective bargaining agreement between MFPA and MFA
- minimum requirements for players stated in the contract
- any other issues that players have with their respective clubs
If you have any other questions please feel free to send an email at email@example.com or fill in the form which is available in the contact Us section